STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR TESTING ANDROID ON HD2Dual boot android and win mobile
1) Download an Android build (with or without sense user interface) (e.g. from gamesquare.co.uk)
2) Extract the contents to the ROOT of your sd card (Preferably format the card beforehand)
3) Launch any file manager from within windows mobile.
4) Launch haret.exe in the root of your sd (storage) card. Click Run (Preferably just after a soft reset)
YOU WILL GET A BLACK/BLANK SCREEN (Linux text will disappear) if you don't have 2.xx.50.xx radio rom version. (2.xx.51.xx will not work)
Yes 51 radio versions are european and 50 radio versions are US, BUT 50 radio WILL WORK with your european HD2. In any case, you can always go back to your original radio. (Write down your version beforehand. You can get the info from HTC startup screen or from settings - phone information - software information
You don't need HSPL for linux boot. But you need HSPL if you need to change your radio to a 50 version. Your phone comes with original SPL only.
STEPS ONLY IF YOU GET BLACK SCREEN:
The following information is ONLY needed if your linux doesn't boot and freezes with black screen and you want to change your radio to a linux compatible one.
1) Get HSPL3 from: forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=6891358&postcount=1893 (Only if you don't have HSPL, if you don't know, then you don't have HSPL)
2) Get a 2.xx.50.xx radio rom from: forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=611787 (2.10.50.xx is fine)
3) Get Custom RUU from: forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=4798017&postcount=1
4) Install HSPL(connect your phone in activesync mode via usb cable)
5) Install 2.xx.50.xx radio via customruu. Don't worry about what CustomRUU says, you will not lose settings and data. (It won't hard reset when upgrading only the Radio ROM)
Thats it! Now you can run haret and boot android
PLEASE COPY PASTE THE LINKS BECAUSE I AM NOT ALLOWED TO POST LINKS.
HSPL How To